This project is connected to the Sustainable Development Goals, especially 8, 12 and 15.
By the end of this lesson:
- You know how globalisation and (mass) tourism are linked.
- You know that international tourism is the fastest growing sector.
- You know that the flow of tourists as a whole is increasing, but in some countries it is decreasing.
- You can give a definition of mass tourism.
- You can give concrete examples of the positive and negative effects of international tourism.
By the end of this assignment, you will know the meaning of the following terms:
* Mass tourism
As a final product of this assignment, you will compile a sustainable travel brochure that meets a number of sustainability criteria.
By putting together the folder, you show that you have achieved the learning goals.
Your teacher will assess the folder.
In the assessment, your teacher will pay attention to
- Content: does your leaflet meet the criteria for sustainability?
- Language errors: do the answers to the questions in steps 1-4 and the brochure contain too many language errors?
You do this assignment alone.
The final product is done with a group of fellow pupils (3-4 pupils).