This project is connected to the Sustainable Development Goals, also called Global Goals, especially goal 5, 16, and 17.
By the end of this lesson, you will:
- Know what the letters in LGTBQIA stand for.
- Know what trans people are.
- Know what queer means.
- Know that LGBT+ people are discriminated against for their identity and can give examples of countries where being LGBT+ leads to being arrested by the government.
- Know how LGBT+ people fight for their rights and can give some examples
- Know how to show acceptance and solidarity with LGBT+ people
By the end of this assignment, you will know the meaning of the following terms:
* Straight and not straight
* Transgender people
* Trans woman
* Trans man
* International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia
* Coming out
* Coming Out Day
* (Gay) Pride
* Purple Friday
The final product for this lesson is to design a campaign for your school to show solidarity with LGBTQIA people. With this final assignment, you will show you have reached the learning goals.
The final product will be graded by your teacher.
Your teacher will grade the assignment based on the following:
- Content: Is your campaign engaging and does it get the point across?
- Form: Did you take care to give your text the right layout?
- Language mistakes: Do your answers to the questions and the final assignment not contain too many language mistakes?
The final assignment will be done in groups of 3 or 4.
This lesson will take two hours.