This project is connected to the Sustainable Development Goals, especially goals 13 and 17.
By the end of this lesson, you will:
- Know which countries have signed various climate agreements
- Know that these agreements have not had a big effect on the environment yet
- Be able to give one or more reasons why these climate agreements have not been successful
- Know how the Paris Climate Agreement is different from previous climate agreements
- Know the conditions under which the Paris Climate Accord could be successful
- Know what bunker fuel is and why this was excluded from the Paris Climate Accord
By the end of this assignment, you will know the meaning of the following terms:
* reduction target
* Climate Agreement
* Agenda 21
* Forest Principles
* Kyoto Protocol
* Paris Agreement
* Bunker fuel
The final product for this lesson is to add an article to the Paris Climate Agreement. With this final assignment, you will show you have reached the learning goals.
The final product will be graded by your teacher.
Your teacher will grade the assignment based on the following:
- Content: Does your article make a relevant contribution to the accord?
- Form: Did you take care to give your text the right layout?
- Language mistakes: Does your text contain the knowledge you gained from steps 1 – 4 and are there not too many language mistakes?
You will work by yourself for this lesson. You will do the final assignment with one other person.